Header Ads

"I have since stepped into my truth" - Nigerian lesbian and LGBT rights activist, Pamela Adie


Cross River State-born lesbian and LGBT rights campaigner, Awhobiwom Pamela Adie is set to wed her partner soon.

Pamela, who used to be married to a man came out as gay in 2011 to the shock of her family and friends. Sharing a throwback photo taken 9 years ago, she wrote:


"This was taken 9 years ago while on vacation in Vancouver, Canada.
I was "dating" this very nice guy who loved me and wanted a future with me. He talked about kids, life with me, the car he would buy for me, how we'd travel the world, and live happily ever after.
Funny thing is, I never disrupted his dream. I was trying so hard to buy into his narrative of how good we were together. I wanted to see his dream of us together as a happy family but I just couldn't.
He soon noticed that I didn't share his aspirations when I started to withdraw.
He's a great guy. Now married to a lovely woman and they have beautiful kids. And we're still good friends.

As it was with all the men I tried to date, it was never them.
It was always me living in denial and trying so hard to be straight.
I am no longer about that life
I have since stepped into my truth.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.